Enter the Product Name of the product you are interested in and we will provide more information
The DENSO Difference
The exhaust gas temperature sensor (EGTS), which is located in front of the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) and/or in front of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), detects exhaust gas temperature and converts it into a voltage and feeds back to the engine ECU with the voltage signal in order to control engine conditions to effectively reduce emission.
Features and Benefits
Small size and highly responsive
- DENSO’s processing technique, using fine ceramic particles, produces a small, specifially shaped thermistor (sensing element).
- The sensing part, which is inserted into the exhaust pipe with the thermistor, has a single tube structure rather than a doubletube structure of conventional exhaust gas temperature sensors. This achieves a more than 90 percent size reduction in volume compared to conventional exhaust gas temperature sensors.
- The sensing part and the shaped thermistor ensure high responsiveness – taking less than 7 seconds to change from room temperature to 1000 degrees Celsius.
Heat and vibration resistant
- No sensor breakage on the exhaust system.
- Able to withstand vibrations even near the engine.
Highly accurate detection
- The Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor detects temperatures within ±10 degrees of the actual temperature, despite its small size.
- Able to detect temperature ranges from - 40 degrees Celsius to 1000 degrees Celsius.
- High response
By ability to detect temperature:
- ULs - Ultra Low Special
- Ls - Low Special
- L - Low
- Mh - Mid high
- H - High